Wednesday, October 8, 2008





These are a series I did from a few pictures I shot one morning when the sun was coming in my kitchen window and hitting this wild apple that my husband had picked while working out in the country. We used to have a scrawny apple tree that produced apples like this in our back yard and our neighbor called them "horse apples" because that was all they were good for-feeding to the horses. (I had heard that this was also what you called horse poop but who am I to say?)

Anyway, I thought the sunlight was so beautiful and fleeting, I added a few zinnias from the garden and changed the angles as the sun was going in and out of clouds and this is the result. I hope you like them!

Acrylic on museum profile canvas which means that they don't have to be framed because the edges are deep and finished (see picture) and they are 12 x 12.

No comments: